Open Senior Practitioner Training
This open course, available to attendees from multiple different settings, will provide you with all the knowledge and skills you need to use the MOVE Programme in your organisation. For new settings, this is your opportunity to start MOVE if you can’t currently commit to in-house Senior Practitioner training. For MOVE Member schools, this is a great option to train more staff if you don’t yet have a MOVE Trainer. To get the best out of the course, ideally settings should send two or more individuals on the course, so that group work and case studies can be completed for individuals that both attendees know.
Day 1 of the course will cover Steps 1-3 (Assessment, Goal Setting and Task Analysis), focusing on the MOVE ethos and how to engage families and the wider team.
Day 2, you will be taken through Steps 4-6 (Prompt Measurement, Prompt Adjustment and Teaching the Skills), focusing on gaining a practical understanding of how you will complete MOVE programmes for your pupils and integrate skill practice into daily activities. Both days will involve discussion of case studies from your setting.
By the end of the course, delegates will be MOVE Senior Practitioners, able to:
- understand the key ideas, philosophy and ethos of the MOVE Programme
- understand how the MOVE Programme makes a difference for disabled young people and their families
- practically use the 6 Steps of the MOVE Programme
- fully understand and be able to use the MOVE Assessment Profile for each step of the MOVE Programme
- complete an Assessment and Prompt Adjustment Plan for a specific individual
- draft a MOVE Action Plan for your setting
Timings: 10:00 – 15:00, including breaks and 30 minutes for lunch
Platform: Zoom (a link will be sent to all attendees prior to the course)
Upcoming MOVE Open Senior Practitioner courses:
16th-17th January 2024
6th-7th February 2024
6th-7th March 2024
TBC – More courses for 2024 are being planned. Check back here soon!