In-House Practitioner and Senior Practitioner Training
MOVE Practitioner and Senior Practitioner Training will provide you with all the knowledge and skills you need to start the MOVE Programme and embed it into your organisation. The training takes place over 2 days with a MOVE Associate Trainer, delivering a bespoke course in your setting on dates that suit you.
Day 1: Practitioner Training
(for up to 20 members of staff)
This training day provides attendees with all the information and skills they need to begin practically using the MOVE Programme in your setting.
Objectives of Day 1:
- To understand the key ideas, philosophy and ethos of the MOVE Programme
- To discover how the MOVE Programme makes a difference for disabled young people and their families
- To be able to practically use the 6 Steps of the MOVE Programme
Day 2: Senior Practitioner Training
(for up to 10 members of staff who completed Day 1)
This is a more intensive day where attendees develop a deeper understanding of the MOVE Assessment system, practice these Assessments with case studies and begin to put together a MOVE Action Plan for your setting.
Objectives of Day 2:
- To fully understand and be able to use the MOVE Assessment Profile for each step of the MOVE Programme
- To be able to complete an Assessment and Prompt Adjustment Plan for a specific individual within your organisation, enabling you to organise and lead Assessment Meetings
- To have a draft of a MOVE Action Plan complete, enabling you to take the lead on the MOVE Programme in your setting
The MOVE Programme works best when everyone is aware of and committed to the programme, so we recommend that a member of your Senior Leadership and key members of your therapy team attend both days of training. This will ensure that your teaching staff are supported to implement the programme across school.